Monday 5 September 2016

Better Day

Another day, another coach ride. I moan but it's actually quite nice to sit in traffic when you aren't the one driving, I feel like I've started work but I get to be lazy for a few more hours, kind of, not really.. that's actually properly the worst way to look at this situation actually. Never mind.

Anyway, if you didn't already know - I am now a Topshop Personal Shopper Assistant for the big boss store that is Oxford Circus. You think starting a new job is over whelming? Try starting one in Oxford Circus. It's crazy. I've got a two day induction, my first was yesterday and second today! Although yesterday was a little dull at times mainly because I already work for the company so those health and safety videos are enough to send you to sleep once, let alone twice! So on my way to my second day, I've got a day full of more paper work and more sitting on my arse so I'm not complaining. Although I am trying to juggle arranging viewings for flats in London at the same time but I am pretty calm considering. I think I've drained my body so much that it doesn't even have the energy to be like 'you need to be having a mental breakdown'.

I keep talking about breakdowns and tears, I'm not trying to put you all off going for you're goals, because I believe in a few month times when I am finally settled, I won't even be thinking about the crap I went through to get there, I'll just be thinking - Hey, I actually did it.
Genuinely this is the best and most exciting thing to ever happen to me. It's unreal how many doors this job is going to open for me and I am honestly freakin' jumping off the walls inside. If you've ever been offered something you literally could not turn down because well, you'd be the biggest idiot in the world then you know exactly how I feel right now or in fact if you've ever been offered your dream job you'll know! Styling is in short, my main career goal so being able to start off as a assistant to one in London is a pretty big deal for someone looking to get into freelance styling.

If you have ever considered working for Topshop, I honestly couldn't recommend a company more, If you've been following me for a while you'll know prior to this I worked at Next for 3/4 years and got absolutely no where - to be fair most of my knowledge on customer service has stemmed mainly from there but still. Within 1 year at Topshop I have jumped up 3 levels and now jumping all the way to London. That in it's self is enough to show how focused and helpful they can be with development, if you are just as determined as I was.

So with that I am going to try and catch some zzz's before I get to London. I am also working on some more outfit posts but a little tight for time to take piccys at the moment - I haven't even posted a quick one on Instagram and that is VERY unlike me but I will keep you all updated as it unfolds.

Abbey



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I love to read and reply to all of them even if I don't straight away I will xx